Top Warning Signs of Faulty Siding
Know When Your Siding is Failing Your Home
One of the best investments you can make for your Little Rock home is to replace its siding. Unfortunately, replacement siding is a rather large investment so it’s important to make sure you’re getting the most out of your siding before replacing it. At Community Builders of Little Rock, we believe in providing our clients with the knowledge they need to make wise decisions regarding their remodeling or improving their homes. That’s why we offer our knowledge and expertise to help you decide when it’s best to replace your siding with our Cedar Ridge® composite siding.
Signs You Need Siding
- High Energy Bills: The primary job of your siding is to protect your home, which includes keeping it protected from heat transfer. High energy bills are a solid sign of failing siding. Our Cedar Ridge siding is fused with the advanced Neopor® foam backing for increased efficiency.
- Rotting or Warping: Siding that has signs of rotting or warping should be replaced, as these are typical signs that moisture is trapped behind your siding. This causes major damage to the materials beneath it, including wood rot.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: Siding in this condition is susceptible to moisture gathering behind it. This leads to significant damage to the wooden underside of homes, primarily wood rot.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint Inside: If the wallpaper or paint on the interior of your home is peeling or loose, it could signify that water has collected behind your siding and saturated the walls to the point of bleeding through the other side. This causes the paint or wallpaper to peel.
- Fungus, Mold, and Mildew Growth: If fungus, mold, or mildew is growing at the seams of your siding or around the edges, it’s a sure sign that water has collected in the spaces between. Siding is no longer protecting your home from moisture if this is occurring.
- Bubbled or Blistered Siding: Exposure to extreme amounts of heat or moisture can cause your siding to bubble or blister. This is typical of siding that has been improperly installed or if the underside has been repeatedly exposed to moisture.
Trust the Siding Experts at Community Builders of Little Rock
These are just a few of the signs that strongly indicate you need to replace your siding. We highly suggest that you seek the assistance of the professionals here at Community Builders of Little Rock if your siding suffers any of these warning signs. The sooner you have your damaged siding fixed or replaced, the less damage the rest of your home will incur. Don’t let your home suffer from costly water damage, instead, contact us to schedule a free consultation.