Cedar Ridge Vinyl Composite Siding vs. Standard Vinyl Siding
Make the Right Siding Choice for Your Little Rock Home
There are many options available for replacement siding in Little Rock and surrounding areas, which can make choosing the right siding more difficult than it needs to be. At Community Builders of Little Rock, we believe in simplifying things a bit, which is why we’ve decided to break down the differences between two of the most popular siding types currently on the market. The two siding types we’re talking about are vinyl composite and vinyl. Each type has its own unique set of advantages but only one can provide your home with the strength, beauty, and energy efficiency you crave.
Composite Siding’s Advantages Over Vinyl Siding:
- Energy Efficiency: The Cedar Ridge vinyl composite siding we carry produces an R-Value that’s up to 19% greater than other sidings, including vinyl. Our sidings use Neopor® technology to produce a solidly constructed insulated foam backing that keeps heat transfer and moisture at bay.
- Strength & Durability: The TXL™ Lamination Technology of our siding fuses the panel and insulating foam together to create a beautiful union of siding perfection. This fusion grants our siding 200% more strength than other insulated sidings such as vinyl.
- Impact Resistance: The fused foam backing also increases impact resistance by up to 240% and noise reduction by up to 45%
- Natural Beauty: Our Cedar Ridge vinyl composite is comprised of natural hand-milled cedar to give our siding the impression of natural cedar grain finish that puts other composites to shame.
Vinyl Siding Pros over Composite:
- Affordability: Vinyl is known for its affordability as it is the cheapest siding available. The low production costs and high availability give it the edge in pricing.
- Easy Installation: Since vinyl is a prefabricated and light weight material, it makes for quick and easy installation. Many homeowners prefer to try and install vinyl siding themselves but we advise against this as DIY installation can lead to disastrous results.
- Low-Maintenance: Vinyl siding is largely considered to be the easiest to maintain and typically only needs to be washed once every couple of years.
Choose Siding that Won’t Let You Down
Deciding which siding is best will ultimately come down to the homeowner’s preference. We’ve outlined the distinct characteristics that separate our vinyl composite siding with the less impressive vinyl siding to give you an idea of how they compare. Both sidings are considered to be very low maintenance. We believe in Cedar Ridge composite the most as it has a clear advantage in aesthetics, strength, durability, and energy efficiency. To learn more about our outstanding siding product, contact us today to set up a free consultation.