How Metal Roofing Helps Your Home
Metal Roofing Fact & Fiction
Metal roofing is not a new thing in the world of construction and remodeling but it has only recently become popular among homeowners. Its lack in popularity can mostly be attributed to several myths about metal roofing and its less than appealing aesthetic and expense. Fortunately, availability of materials and technological advancements have made the expense and aesthetic a non-issue. With regards to the myths, the experts at Community Builders of Little Rock are here to set the record straight regarding metal roofs by separating fact from fiction.
Popular Metal Roofing Facts
- Metal roofs last a lifetime: Metal Roofs have a proven lifespan of at least 40-50 years, meaning you’ll most likely never need to replace it. Additionally, our roofs are backed by a limited lifetime transferable warranty of 40 years.
- Performs well against snow and ice: Metal roofs are designed to stand strong against all weather conditions. This includes ice, snow, and ice dams. Their unique design allows them to be ice and snow-shedding roof systems.
- Fire Proof: Our metal roofs carry one of the highest fire resistance ratings, which is a UL Class 4.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofs are designed to not rot, split, crack, chip, warp, or dry-out, and they don’t foster the infestation of rodents and insects.
- High Potential for Return on Investment: Homeowners will typically recoup between 80% and 90% of the metal roofs cost. The energy efficiency of our roofs also plays a large role in recouping the cost. Some insurance companies even offer discounts for homeowners with metal roofing.
Popular Metal Roofing Myths
- Metal roofs are noisy in the rain: Metal roofing systems are typically installed over solid roof sheathing and produce decibel levels comparable to standard shingle roofs.
- Increases likelihood of lightning strikes: Unless your home is the highest structure in a given area during a lightning storm, its chances of being struck are relatively low even with a metal roof. Metal roofs actually offer better protection against lightning since they safely disperse the energy and are fire resistant.
- Unappealing Aesthetic: Modern technology has given metal roofs the ability to be just as attractive as traditional shake, tile, and asphalt. Metal roofs from Community Builders of Little Rock have natural stone coating to simulate more traditional roofing materials.
Metal Roofing for Homes in Little Rock
Hopefully, we’ve cleared up some of the things that kept metal roofing from rising in popularity in Little Rock. Many of the disadvantages of metal roofing have either been found false or outdated as technology has progressed. At Community Builders of Little Rock, we only provide the most current, up-to-date information about all of our products so you can make a well-informed decision. To learn more about what metal roofing can do for your home, contact us.