The Importance of Keeping Clog-Free Gutters
How Clean Gutters Keep Your Home Intact
Clogged gutters can lead to major damage of your Little Rock home, some of which costs thousands of dollars to repair. Foundation damage is perhaps the most troublesome of the damages that can occur. However, the costly damage isn’t just confined to the foundation. In fact, there are several issues that can result from clogged gutters, some of which can be just as expensive. At Community Builders of Little Rock, we want your home to be protected from the damages that clogged gutters can cause. That’s why we carry the high-quality gutter protection system from GutterPro USA. We want you to avoid the expenses of repairing major damages to your home that are resultant of clogged gutters.
What Clogged Gutters Do to Your Home
- Basement Flooding: If your gutter system is clogged, it can lead to pooling around the base of your home. Pooled water can leak into your basement by seeping through cracked walls, bad window seals, or any other opening. Basement flooding is a serious issue that leads to mold and mildew growth, and many other types of water damage.
- Foundation Damage: Water pooling at the base of your home also leads to foundation damage. This occurs due to the soil becoming saturated to the point of where it expands which puts large amounts of stress on your foundation causing cracks. When the soil eventually dries the soil contracts, which causes destabilization of your home.
- Erode Landscaping: When water is constantly overflowing from your roof due to clogged gutters, your landscape is subject to erosion as the water runs off into the street.
- Ice Dams: When water cannot properly travel off or your roof, ice dams are likely to form. Clogged gutters, in particular, are known to block water that is trying to run off the roof. In freezing temperatures, the water will form ice dams at the point where it’s blocked.
- Wood Rot: Clogged gutters overflow from all sides, including the back of the gutter where it is attached to your fascia board. Constant exposure to overflowing water will rot your fascia board even cause water damage to your roof and behind your home siding.
Protect Your Little Rock Home with Gutter Covers
Now that you are aware of the dangers that clogged gutters bring to your home, you can see why gutter covers are such a wise investment. The gutter protection system we carry at Community Builders of Little Rock is designed to make sure that your Little Rock home remains protected from the effects of damaging water. By operating on the principle of liquid adhesion and featuring a full cover system supported by our patented ProBracket®, our gutter covers will never let you down. Don’t risk taking on significant water damage this year, instead, contact us to learn about our efficient gutter protection system.